It seems like this year is flying by and I haven’t done nearly as much journaling as I thought I would have time too… I can’t even tell you where I’ve been the last two months. Mostly working…
My Aunt Jane’s house is getting cleaned out so I’m bringing some of her belongings here like a bedroom set – minus the bed, a dinning set… some lamps, and odds and ends. I went over a few weeks back and met up with my cousin Rosalinda there… it’s was sad being in that house without Aunt Jane there, sad seeing everything the way it is.
My Aunt Jane was kind of a hoarder and there were rooms in the house I had never seen as a child because they were padlocked shut. It was weird seeing the house in full… very emotional processing everything I seen and learned. But also very nice to connect with Rosalinda and help sort through papers, etc.
As far as my New Years Resolutions… hhhmmm – let’s see…
- weight loss: I’m trying something new in March – a no weigh month. I’m sticking to my plan just not weighing in until April 1st. I’m still doing herbal life, but I think I need to cut down on so much protein. My coach says protein is good but I’m not feeling that way. I don’t think my body likes protein for weight loss.
- read my bible: I haven’t started yet… (insert frowning face)
- read think and grow rich: Well… reading hasn’t been on my top to do this year, but it’s still one of my resolutions to read this.
- clean 5 hours weekly: Huh, okay… let me admit I’m not the greatest at keeping resolutions but I’ve done okay with this one. My house keeping skills are improving.
- weekly manicures/pedicures: My fingers look like dry cactus’… I’ll leave this one alone.
- blog on a regular basis: I’m back?
- buy a car: N/A
- keep a 2017 jar: I did really well the first few week (s) or so then I fell off. I think the jar is in the top drawer of my small dresser… I think. I should pull this out and restart it.
- craft more (and actually finish projects): I haven’t done much crafting, but tomorrow I’m starting my bedroom make-over which is going to spill into my spare bedroom make-over because I’ll be moving some furniture into that room and some of that room’s furniture out. Lots of changes around here.
- finish watching the Brady Bunch series: I’m moving a little slower through this series… I’m barely on Season 2, Episode 4. This series might take me all year to watch. I have to be in the right mood and mindset for it.
- finish watching the Sex and the City series: I finished the Sex and the City series, now I’m watching The Carrie Diaries which is Carrie Bradshaw as a teenager. I’m on Season 2, Episode 10… I have a couple of episodes to go then I’m done. I think there is a book that covers when this show ends and before Sex and the City begins… once the book is read I’ll watch the two Sex and the City movies… then sadly I’ll be done. So technically I’ve completed this New Years Resolutions… but I’m addicted now.
So, this has been me. Tomorrow I’ve going to start my official Spring Cleaning/Bedroom Makeover… expect pictures over at LaDulcitavida.com
The flu kicked my butt this week… I’ve been sick since about Tuesday or Wednesday. Not much going on this week except for longs of laying in bed, saltines and 7-up.
Did a little cleaning…. a lot of Sex and the City watching (well, for me… I’m not a huge television watcher).
It’s been a week since the new year began… so here’s an update on my resolutions:
List of my resolutions:
- lose weight
- read my bible
- read think and grow rich
- clean 5 hours weekly
- weekly manicures/pedicures
- blog on a regular basis
- buy a car
- keep a 2017 jar
- craft more (and actually finish projects)
- finish watching the Sex and the City series
- finish watching the Brady Bunch series
My Resolution List progress:
- weight loss: I wanted to start up Herbalife again, but since Christmas killed my budget I haven’t restarted. I could of restarted using the protein shakes I already have here at home then switch over next week… but I didn’t. First out of laziness, then before I got sick. I went and brought proper groceries today… I’m starting tomorrow… then placing my Herbalife order on Friday.
- read my bible: I haven’t started. I’m going to have to read two verses a day until I catch up.
- read think and grow rich: I haven’t started this either… Reading hasn’t been my forte this week… I’ve been more TV based… I have been watching a lot of YouTube…
- clean 5 hours weekly: I changed this to one hour daily and so far I’m about 4 days before… but I have tomorrow (or today… Monday) off, so hopefully, I’ll feel good enough to get some of that done… if not I’ll be laying in bed catching up on my reading.
- weekly manicures/pedicures: I did do my nails but now it’s time to do them again. I hate chipped fingernail polish…. I didn’t do my feet… tomorrow, for sure.
- blog on a regular basis: Huh, well so far so good… no?
- buy a car: N/A
- keep a 2017 jar: I have kept up with my Happy Jar… some days this week I felt so crummy it was a bit hard to come up with positive that day.
- craft more (and actually finish projects): N/A
- finish watching the Sex and the City series: Last I updated I was on Season 4, Episode 6. Now I’m on Season 4, Episode 12. Like I said earlier, I’m not a big TV person but I do want to watch this show fully. I think it’s educational in a way… lol
- finish watching the Brady Bunch series: Last time I was on Season 1, Episode 19. Now I’m on Season 1, Episode 24. I did have to go back and watch Episode 1 because I noticed they recently added in that in they are still missing I think Episode 5 and 6.
Not a whole bunch of progress but that’s okay, aren’t resolutions suppose to take all year?
I’ve started this blog a million times in the last 14 years… so here’s to the 1,000,001st time… is that right… or is it written 1,000,001th? Either way it’s been started and restarted over and over… one of the main reasons being I couldn’t decided what exactly I wanted to do with this domain… I couldn’t decide between a personal blog or a lifestyle blog… V-e-n-u-s doesn’t really sound like a lifestyle blog… but I’ve been waiting to create one for a long time… so I decided to register a new domain LaDulcitaVida.com where I can post project ideas, recipes, etc… and this one will be a more personal daily blog. So… welcome to V-e-n-u-s.com my personal blog!
I’m Rosie… the best way to describe me is I’m an artist with no art, an expert with no specialty. A Jane of all trades. I’m a thrifter, sometimes collector, sometimes crafter…
I like a variety of things and my interests are always changing. Following along here with me. Let’s have fun!
If interested you can also follow me on instagram: theylovevenus